2011 Congress of Jugglers
The 19th annual Congress of Jugglers at the University of Maryland will take place May 6–8, 2011. As always, it’s all free, and we invite jugglers of all ages, sizes, and skill levels to come!
If you’d like to get involved, awesome! We need jugglers to run workshops, performers to be in the show, and crash space to accomodate travelers. If you can help out, please contact Sophie Jablansky.
If you’d like to offer your support as a vendor, you can get more information here.
6:30PM–midnight: open juggling (in the Cole Field House)
Unicycle hockey (in the Cole Field House)
9AM–midnight: open juggling (in the Cole Field House)
5PM–7:30PM: performance show (in the Hoff Theatre in the Stamp Student Union)
8PM–10PM: fire juggling (outside the Hornbake Library)
Skills and workshops (in the Cole Field House)
- Juggling dojo workshop (90 minutes; you will need to sign up for this at Congress in advance)
- “3-ball tricks no one does!” workshop with Adam Van Houten
- 3-ball tricks
- Devil sticks
- Beginner lessons (every other hour)
9AM–2PM: open juggling (in the Cole Field House)
- Unicycle hockey
- Obstacle course for time
- Juggling quarters (winner cleans up)
- Juggling soap
- Club catching
- Speed passing
- Distant passing
- Three-person club pass-around races
- Diabolo high throw (from a five-gallon bucket)
- 4- and 5-ball endurance
Shirts will be $15 for one or $25 for two.